I finally got dog this summer after years of trying to persuade my parents. I had recently just moved and I was really struggling to settle down but, when my dog joined our family, it really changed everything.
For this reason, I think that having a dog is perfect and amazing. It really finishes off your family. And this is not just me that thinks this, the research clearly shows the same. Here is what I found from the American Kennel Club (AKC), one of the world’s leading Dog charities :
- Dogs make us feel less alone.
- Dogs are good for your heart.
- Dogs help you stop stressing out.
- Dogs help us cope with crisis
- Dogs encourage you to move.
- Dogs make you more attractive—even virtually.
- Dogs make us more social.
- Dogs are so adorable they make us love them
- Dogs make us happier
- Dogs help seniors with cognitive function and social interaction.
In conclusion, I think that if everything is right and it suits your family, you should get a dog that will make a great impact on your life. It is a lifelong commitment though, as some dogs can even live to 20! AKC has shared 75 ways that you can be a good dog owner. You can read more here.
Dogs are loyal, loving and will give you loads of cuddles and kisses when you want them. When you come back from a big day at school, they will always be there to make you smile, to play with and to have cuddles. They make great companions and you can be a great companion to them too!